.That sappy shit.
We may not be as happy as you always dreamed we would be, but for the first time let’s just allow ourselves to be whatever it is we are and that will be better. Ok?
I’m fostering 3 of the toughest, cutest, and most heart melting kittens. They are 4 weeks old and they’ve been taking up ALL of my time. Unfortunately, my house is already home to 5 cats, 2 dogs, 1 bird, 3 chinese fighting fish, and 20 chickens. Keeping these boys is not really an option for us but as we’ve had them a week I am growing more attached as time goes on.
5 things to know about fostering adorable kittens:
- If you aren’t planning to keep them, don’t name them. Well, I’ve already folded on rule #1. We’ve got Flynn, Oliver, and Rinzler.
- Free up your day. They eat every 3-4 hours and must be bathed afterwards. They are terribly adorable and loving after a bath.
- They will fill your heart with glitter. You’ll want to be with them 24/7
- Set your alarm. 6:30AM feedings are hard.
- You’ll get attached no matter what. I’m already dreading the day I have to let them go and I’m still not even sure I can. I want them all to go to the most stellar and loving home. I don’t want them to be separated. I’m worried they’ll have abandonment issues and wonder where I am and why I had to let them go. I worry their new owners will NEVER take care of them as well as I would.
I know to some I sound like a crazy cat lady, which honestly is partly true, but I am head over heels for these little guys. Plus they’ve already trained themselves to use their litter box so they’re pretty much the perfect kittens.
Do yourself a favor and watch this, seriously.
Have a kick ass weekend.